Yours in the Dharma:  Essays from a Buddhist perspective by Sandy Garson

This blog, Yours in the Dharma by Sandy Garson, is an effort to navigate life between the fast track and the breakdown lane, on the Buddhist path. It tries to use a heritage of precious, ancient teachings to steer clear of today's pain and confusion to clear the path to what's truly happening.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sorry, out of border

I have been in Malaysia when plane went missing and have been in Kathmandu working on my food charity for the past four days.  I keep meaning to post but I fall asleep. So very soon news about Malaysia and my work here in Kathmandu. Fed 450 kids Saturday their first ever strawberries and papaya and trail mix which we made up.  Spent one day getting cooking lessons from locals. Today was the dreaded Holi when Hindus throw red coloring on you if you dare go outside. I spent it in my hotel with three of the fabulous children from our boarding school, teenagers who were achingly polite and profoundly grateful for a chance to get out of school.  We couldn't do much: sat in the hotel garden which had been turned into a lame party site and ate momos plus one chicken enchilada to try Mexican food. We had ice cream and Cokes and watched TV and they were so so happy. They took such pains to restore my room to pristine condition before they left.  And yesterday every single one of the more than 400 children I fed passed in a line to say "Thank you."  Tonight the moon over Kathmandu is round and golden, obviously glowing with pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home